Why all the Df hate?

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
Nikonparrothead
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,207Gear list
Like?
Re: Hate? No. Disappointment? Yes.
In reply to yihlee, 7 months ago

yihlee wrote:

Nikon has great selection of manual lens. A retro manual-focus modern DSLR would be very welcome.

Interchangeable screen and finder, at the expense of auto focus - I'll buy one. If not, why bother?

While valid as a personal preference, this is the prime reason as to why people rant against the Df -- it wasn't the camera they wanted/expected. Some wanted the new D700, or preferred an autofocus with 51 points vs. 39. Yihlee wanted interchangeable screens. I'm happy because I hated split prism in my manual cameras and always replaced them with a Beattie screen without the split.

Price wise it suffers in comparison to the D600. Though after reading that the Df was on the drawing board first, I still believe that the Df was pushed back post Tsunami and Nikon rushed the entry-level D600 onto the board to beat the Canon 6D and then had to heavily discount with the sensor dirt fiasco.

Do I wish the Df had other features (most notably a vertical grip) yes. But it had me with the sensor.

-- hide signature --

'Nice pen, bet you write good stories with it.'

Nikonparrothead's gear list:Nikonparrothead's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ1 Canon PowerShot S95 Fujifilm FinePix X100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Nikon D3S +11 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Yes,New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow