Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
qianp2k
Forum ProPosts: 10,350Gear list
Re: True again
In reply to meland, 6 months ago

meland wrote:

qianp2k wrote

As I said I will see digital displays eventually will eliminate old-fashion physical prints, just like digital cameras replace film, just a matte of time and could happy in 5-10 years.

Perhaps. Of course the technology will no doubt permit it and the price of high resolution displays will come down to a point where some (or even many) will consider having one, or perhaps even a few, of such displays around the house. But do you really think they will replace prints, certainly within the time scale you mention?

For a start these devices will have to powered somehow and unless we move to wireless or inductive charging buried in the walls I think many male photographers will have WAGs that have something fairly crisp and direct to say about wires trailing from every display. Even if some of us happen to think it's a great idea.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/tv-reviews/samsung-un85s9-review/

Just a sample. This is a smart TV and still with current LED display as OLED is not matured yet but can also be used to display photos. A future big screen OLED display is super-thin, super-vivid, super energy consumption and very light. All you needed is a small controller box sitting on floor or mounted on the wall next to the display with USB connector and a SSD drive inside to store thousand photos. OLED display can be bent or curved. It still has a few bottlenecks to be overcame. But once it has breakthrough this display technology has huge potential, 4K or even 8K will be very popular and cheap. Or maybe a new technology will be invented in a few years.  Technology is moving fast.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OLED

qianp2k's gear list:qianp2k's gear list
Sony RX100 Canon EOS-1D Mark III Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark III Sony Alpha 7R +20 more
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
NiceNew
TrueNew
trueNew
easyNew
SeeNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow