D800 first outing - happy - feedback please.

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Jayhay
Forum MemberPosts: 65
Like?
D800 first outing - happy - feedback please.
4 months ago

Dear all,

After much procrastination I finally went for a D800 (after first buying a 70D and finding the images very soft compared to my RX100). I first looked at a 700D, then moved to 70D and was seduced by features. Soon though I just wasn't happy with the pictures even on good lenses. So I moved to a D610, but it had a fault. A D800 deal came up and I couldn't refuse.

For anyone who is wondering - IMO ergonomics of Nikon are different - no better or worse (so far) and I think most people could quite easily learn both very quickly.

Yesterday I went for a walk and took some photos (which I might have to post into separate posts as I have lost this entry once already putting them all in grrrrr. I know it's wrong but I appreciate the ability to crop and still retain some quality. But I'll let you be the judges of that - let me know. Thanks!

Heavy crop! 85mm f1.8.

Canon EOS 700D (EOS Rebel T5i / EOS Kiss X7i) Canon EOS 70D Nikon D610 Nikon D800 Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow