Going to the toilets... what lens should I take ?

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
JP Scherrer
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,160Gear list
Like?
@ mikemsphoto !
In reply to mikemsphoto, 6 months ago

mikemsphoto wrote:

I think you totally missed the OP's point.

He was talking about endless threads about "what's the best lens to take to Spain, or France, or wherever". To which there is no correct answer apart from whatever you require for your type of shooting which shouldn't really be any different that what you normally use to shoot wherever you are.

Maybe if you are headed off to do some specialized shooting like safari or surfing etc that you might need some specialized advice on, the question is valid but why would any country require different lenses than any other?

Why is it we never see threads from people in europe or elsewhere asking "what kind of lens do I need to shoot in Ohio?" or "What kind of lens do I need to shoot in Nebraska?" Kind of sounds goofy doesn't it?

That was his point, and a most worthy one, I thought, even if made tongue in cheek.

Plus, it just happened to produce one of the more amusing threads here in some time.

Thanks Michael for the kind words ! Frankly, I just hoped to provoque some buzz with my thread (besides having the pleasure of grumbling publically), and I was very curious to see how many posts and "like" I could get.... I worked very well and I'm quite happy !

However, MattiD80 is also right in his post ! ...but I believe that -particularly in DPReview- if we deleted all totally useless threads -including THIS ONE-, the forum would be rather empty !

Ohhh well.... We can't spend all our time just being genious photographers and writers, can't we ?

J-P.

Photo Galleries at http://www.pbase.com/scherrer
Spherical Panoramas (360x180 degrees) at http://www.360cities.net/profile/jps
Equipment list in profile

JP Scherrer's gear list:JP Scherrer's gear list
Nikon 1 V1 Nikon 1 J1 Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm f/3.5-5.6G ED-IF VR +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow