ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Archinaut
New MemberPosts: 6Gear list
Like?
A camera for a wedding gift ?
7 months ago

Hello,

I recently got married and my father-in-law wanted to buy me a watch as a wedding gift.

I don't wear a watch so I am looking for an alternative.

Currently I am using Canon 5D MII and I thought I could ask for a MIII with a nice prime lens with it such as 50 or 85 mm however when you think about a wedding gift usually it is something that will last long. If they buy me a watch that watch should last long enough so I can give to my kid in the future as a way to keep heritage.

You can't ask the same thing for a camera. If I get MIII, it will last at the maximum 5 years with the rate I use. So I was thinking would there be a digital camera that will last longer ? I would still upgrade my D-SLR to III or IV or V or whatever it comes next but would there be a camera that I can use as an alternative camera but which can bu used maybe 10 or 15 or even 20 years later?

Leica comes to my mind but I really wonder how long will it last. I guess there is no camera where you can keep the body and upgrage its sensors and etc.

I was wondering if you have any suggestions for either Leica or any other camera systems,

Archinaut's gear list:Archinaut's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Leica M Typ 240 Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L USM Sigma 150-500mm F5-6.3 DG OS HSM +2 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow