>>> Street Photography eXchange #98 <<<

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
geraldPP
Senior MemberPosts: 1,114
Like?
My 20 cents
In reply to J Mountford, 2 months ago

J Mountford wrote:

It's an ok shot, but the Monk, which your title gave it the centerpiece does not hold up. He is too dark, he needs to be punched up and the temple in the back backed off to make it seem less important. That takes knowledge on how your software works. That is a whole other world of which is way beyond this forum.

I love Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop, both of which can add that punch I think the image needs. There are other software's out there, like Topaz and Photomatix that can help you get there.

Keep in mind, this is only my opinion for the less then 2 cents I have given.

-- hide signature --

"Life is so simple, but we insist on making it complicated"
Confucius

Just when I was sure I wouldn't come back to this forum in a while, this fabulous critique comes up so I will have to respond to a new poster to these forums.

Titles are not to be so rigid that a picture fails because it doesn't match the title.

I don't punch monks because they are too dark. They are friendly people and I like to leave them in shadow when they are under shade...so why beat them up?

Do you often use software to move mountains and temples? Wow! Guess you are into illustration rather than photography.

I don't love software but I love my pictures...unfortunately many people don't love them or even seriously look at them.

I'd rather not invest in Topaz or Photommatix to help me look like everybody else. Is that okay?

Thank you for your 2 cents and sorry if I sound like I'm in a crappy mood but you would be too if people start selling you softwarez to improve your photography

-gerald

Gerald Gay / Sets | 500px

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
+1New
pinkNew
HiNew
DaliNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow