ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
robbo d
Contributing MemberPosts: 965Gear list
Like?
Topaz, perfect effects etc...thoughts?
4 months ago

Greetings team,

I am interested to hear from people about using such stuff as Topaz and Perfect effects and other such effects software.....

I am currently using and enjoying Lightroom 5 , plus getting my head around an old version of Photoshop elements.

In my ignorance up until recently, I thought Topaz was just an effect you could create in LR or PS !! I am presently downloading the free offer from On1 software that's in the news section.

I see that Heie has used Topaz to good effect in his Scotland series, although it would be nice to see before and after, but I get an idea.

I am not usually into overdone HDR, but certainly enjoy expanding DR and making photo's pop. I have a copy of photomatix pro, which can be used to good effect when done carefully.

Are some of these effects in Topaz and others not obtainable in LR or PS ??

Keen to see some before and after stuff and whether it's just one click or there is a bit more work to be had.

I am not a technophobe by any means, but cannot claim to be a computer guru either, rather someone who prefers to sit down with someone and be shown stuff or take time and slowly make mistakes and figure it out. Nevertheless determined to learn and bring new things to my PP.

robbo d's gear list:robbo d's gear list
Pentax K-x Pentax K-01 Pentax K-5 IIs Sigma 50mm F1.4 EX DG HSM Pentax smc DA* 50-135mm F2.8 ED (IF) SDM +7 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow