Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jkjond
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,634
Like?
Card performance help, d610
4 months ago

Loving the d610 other than card performance.

Coming from a d700 with no problems using Kingston 16 gig, 166x cards and lexar 8 gig, 8x cards I didn't think too hard about card performance at all. I was given a Sandisk ultra II 2 gig, 15mb/s (no class marking) card from the shop which didn't raise any probs when I tried it out. So I bought a set of sandisk ultra 16 gig and 64 gig. These are class 10 and rated at 30mb/s so I expected them to be up to the job. But they aren't.

My side by side comparison was for a full burst then finger held down until 20 shots are complete, then total time until the green light goes out and the buffer is clear.

ultra 64 gig
Burst = 2 seconds
20 shots = 20 seconds 
Clears  = 66 second

ultra II, 2 gig 
Burst = 2 seconds
20 shots = 11 seconds
butter clear = 39 seconds

The other prob is the LCD review, I haven't experienced delay with the small card, but the large ones are quite hit and miss, taking way too long when I need it to be quick!

I don't know if I've got rip-off cards through amazon or whether this is all I can expect and need to spend serious money on faster cards?

-- hide signature --

Wedding and fine art photographer based in the Lake District, UK

Nikon D610 Nikon D700
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow