A77ii; Well I'm disappointed

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
JamieTux
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,769Gear list
Like?
Re: A77ii; Well I'm disappointed
In reply to 1DanC, 2 months ago

1DanC wrote:

Actually I blame these forums for generating shorter term expectations. Rumours and requests all make for people wondering what will come next and it is never soon enough. In the old days a decent camera was an investment that you thought you could hand to your kids. And there were no firmware upgrades to deal with bugs in handling white balance. It was a whole other level of quality. Today they are very disposable, and it is hard to imagine that the tech would last long enough to give to your kids.

I think that depended on the camera - the same as today  Back in the 90s there were plastic bodies, metal bodies, different shells underneath etc,

In the 80s AF hit and for lots of people obsoleted what had gone before, before that there was auto exposure - which was a progression of the exposure meter, etc... 
What used to happen though was you got sensor upgrades every time Kodak, Fujifilm, Agfa, etc upgraded their films in some way.  So providing you could use your old camera and the lenses were good enough you could get the same results as someone using a Nikon F6 (as an example) the newer cameras made things easier whereas the sensor is aprt of the camera now and each generation (of sensor, not necessarily camera ) seems to be another leap - more dynamic range, more pixels, lower noise, etc.

I think you're right though the forums make some look on with envy and I think we're all guilty of tech lust to a certain extent.

Anyway, I don't want to dwell on it it too much, as I said, I am not for the A77 ii because I would not benefit from the additions and i personally would lose on things that my A77 has, like a flash connector that matches my two flashes.

Fair enough - that's part of the problem - changes to a physical connector will make life easier for some and more difficult for others.

I like my A77 and I spent a very satisfying weekend discovering the beauty of a zeiss lens on a 24 MP camera and all I can say is wow. Maybe an A77 ii will focus quicker on the Owl sitting in a tree next to its chick than my A77 but i still got a good shot with great detail.

Zeiss is why I shoot Sony - welcome aboard

Dan C

JamieTux's gear list:JamieTux's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH +12 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow