Serious thinking of the Pentax 645 or shall wait? Locked

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
qianp2k
Forum ProPosts: 10,122Gear list
Re: Serious thinking of the Pentax 645 or shall wait?
In reply to RedFox88, 5 months ago

RedFox88 wrote:

Hans Kruse wrote:

I am learning fast ....

The artistic and non technical aspect of photography is typically not learned as fast as the technical ones.... The only think you get our of a higher resolution camera is just that, more resolution which as such does not improve your photography. More DR also not.

Ha, should have read yours before I replied! Spot on! Just how people think that "moving to 'full frame'" will make them a better photographer or getting 36 MP of resolution will make them feel like an important photographer. They won't. What results in better photographs if better creative vision and execution. You can't buy that, you have to develop it yourself. That comes from being ruthless upon your own photographs, i.e. being very critical of your photographs and choices made in creating them.

And I think the OP's 'hdr' images are very over the top and aren't anything I'd see in the professional realm. They look amateurish. One community photography show I saw, over 400 photo entered, had 2 large prints 20x30 or so of a very obvious 'hdr' image. All photos were framed. And about 15 to 20% went onto a month long exhibit at an art center. Those two large HDR prints did not get selected. This proves that big prints don't make a fair photo into one that people like, and the HDR that looks like it's a computer generated image doesn't fly well with art critiques.

Few HDR photos are really attractive on my taste. Most of those HDR photos have typical surreal look that look like paintings not photos.  This cheap plug-in if did correctly can generate natural look HDR.  The author said this cheap plug-in does HDR better than those expensive dedicated HDR programs.

http://www.joshuaguntherphotography.com/merge-to-32-bit-hdr-tutorial/

qianp2k's gear list:qianp2k's gear list
Sony RX100 Canon EOS-1D Mark III Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark III Sony Alpha 7R +20 more
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
NiceNew
TrueNew
trueNew
easyNew
SeeNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow