A77ii; Well I'm disappointed

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
1DanC
Regular MemberPosts: 221Gear list
Like?
Re: A77ii; Well I'm disappointed
In reply to steelhead3, 2 months ago

Folks

Maybe there is an issue with language here.  I am not knocking the camera and saying it is bad or poor or blah blah.  What I am simply saying is that I expected Sony to follow with a generational offering like the A77 was to the A700, and the A700 before that to its predecessor.  We waited a long time and fell victims to endless rumours about what it might be and in the end I have to say i was disappointed is all.

I am absolutely confident that the A77 ii will be a knockout, but it is not a motivator for me to move from the A77.  When the A77 came out I felt compelled to upgrade.  And that was a fine decision.  For me the dollars were better and are spent on a new lens which has improved the performance and behavior of the A77 no end.  Now I am set up for the next I hope, generational upgrade to full frame in the A99 '.

I guess that being an ex minolta guy and always having backed the last horse, from a sales point of view, but a camera that I always felt led the industry in tech, I am very parochial and want Sony to keep blasting at the opposition.   I feel that with this camera, it is a gap filler and it has left me wondering where Sony are going with this.  Is it the end of the line for A mount?  I don't know, but it just doesn't feel right.

Several people have tried to analyse one against the other, but my feelings are more intuitive than based on metrics.

I hope that this better explains my thoughts (and suspicions).

Dan C

PS again a cultural thing, but you have missed my point on the "firmware upgrade", don't over analyse what I am trying to say, I hope that the above puts it in better context.

1DanC's gear list:1DanC's gear list
Sony Alpha DSLR-A700 Sony SLT-A77 Sony DT 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 Sony 24-70mm F2.8 ZA SSM Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow