Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jayphotoworks
Forum MemberPosts: 93
Like?
GH4 Crash Crash Crash
4 months ago

Ok.. very frustrating. This happened about 5 times as I shot all weekend on a hired assignment.

Body #1: E-M1

Body #2: GH4 w/ GH3 Grip

Flashes: FL600R on both bodies (mostly off during the day. Only for certain shots)

Lenses: 12-35 2.8, 35-100 2.8, 42.5 1.2, 17 1.8 and 75 1.8

Memory Card: Sandisk Extreme Pro 64GB 95mbps and 32GB 45mbps

The GH4 crashed 5 times:

a) The battery grip stopped responding. The buttons would all cease to function. Had to power-cycle. Happened twice.

b) The image would randomly stop recording to SD. The camera would continue to shoot, but the buffer would never clear and all shots are lost (including the one stuck trying to save). Happened once on my 64GB Sandisk Extreme Pro (95mb/s) and once on my 32GB Sandisk Extreme Pro (45mb/s). Required a power cycle to lose the shots and start again. Happened twice combined.

c) Same as above, but when you try to power cycle, it says saving to card. Requires removal of the battery a.k.a Blackberry battery pull. Happened once.

The E-M1 shot all day long without issues (as expected). Not sure if the battery grip has compatibility issues. But these were my findings shooting 30 hours over the last 3 days.

-- hide signature --

jayphotoworks photography

Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow