Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
yardcoyote
Senior MemberPosts: 2,432Gear list
Like?
going to the zoo
4 months ago

Zoo trip tomorrow if nothing prevents it-- my first since I committed to digital with the K-30 late last summer.  I have put my "long zoom", the 55-200 WR kit, on the camera and packed my 21mm Limited as a swap out.  I have a good strap with unfrayed connections, a fresh battery, a fleece scarf for padding in my best and sturdiest messenger bag, and cases (with butt caps) for both lenses.  I am prepared to support the lens with my left hand for control and shake prevention and to keep my apertures between f/8 and f/11 for maximum sharpness and to prevent diffraction.  I have a clean pocket t-shirt so I will always know where my lens cap is. My backup camera will be my Fuji X-10.

I have $25 in ones for Mold-a-rama and enough money for tickets and snacks, but not for extra film because I won't need any.  What else should I be doing/thinking about to get some fun animal shots tomorrow?

yardcoyote's gear list:yardcoyote's gear list
Pentax K-30 Pentax smc DA* 55mm F1.4 SDM Pentax smc FA 50mm F1.4 Pentax smc DA 21mm F3.2 AL Limited Pentax smc DA 35mm F2.8 Macro Limited
Pentax K-30
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow