Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
evancj
Senior MemberPosts: 1,818
Like?
A hike to visit a friend. (SX50)
3 months ago

I know of an ancient Native American warrior that lives in a rugged and remote desert mountain valley in the Great Basin. I stumbled upon him and his cave 1 or 2 years ago by accident, and posted some shots I took of him at that initial meeting in this forum.

He don't say much, but he is good company...I guess you could say he is the kind of guy that makes you think. Here are some of the things I saw on the hike to visit him.

Indian Paintbrush macro.

Unknown macro

Indian Paintbrush macro

Love this tree

Some jagged boulders on the shoreline of ancient Lake Bonneville. Looking north at Great Salt Lake, Stansbury Island, Antelope Island, and the Wasatch Mountains in the far distance.

My warrior friend, wish he could tell me more about who he is, and how long he has been here.

Looking up the small valley at the higher mountains you can see the ancient Lake Bonneville shoreline on the mountain in the foreground.

A coral fossil from millions of years ago when this was a sallow salt water sea.

A macro of friendly gopher snake I found on the hike back.

Here he is again.

Thanks for looking

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow