Bringing camera to work annual event, bad idea?

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
Mark B.
Forum ProPosts: 15,445Gear list
Like?
Re: Bringing camera to work annual event, bad idea?
In reply to Cameranoobie, 7 months ago

Cameranoobie wrote:

My work is having our annual general event which is held at a hotel with breakfast. It usually is 2-3 hours long and just has quest speakers. It is not a party time event. Its still work related topics.

I was thinking it would be a great oppurtunity to shoot because shooting events excites me. My boss knows im into photography. Do you think it would be a bad idea to bring my cam? I would feel bad for even asking if its not appropriate in this situation. But it excites me just typing this, thinking of shooting the event.

What do you think? The event is this Friday.

You could casually ask if they want photos of the event.  As others suggested, perhaps your boss has other expectations of you; I wouldn't just show up and start shooting.  My boss and the HR department know full well I'm into photography and they now always ask me to do photos at events.  As long as I'm not obligated by a meeting or other activity that has a higher priority, I'm happy to do it.

Mark

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow