24-105 Sigma or 24-120 Nikon for my Alaska Bound D610...?

Started 6 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
WTarcher77
Regular MemberPosts: 228
Like?
24-105 Sigma or 24-120 Nikon for my Alaska Bound D610...?
6 months ago

I have an up-coming trip to alaska.  I am going to get a D610 before I go.  I currently shoot a D7k and a D7100.  I also have the kit lenses 18-105, and 18-140, a sigma 18-250 macro, and a Sigma 50-500 that I strap to them.....

In getting my 1st FF camera, (without the kit lens) i want a GOOD medium zoom to put on it.  I have been watching, and reading every review I can find on the Sigma 24-105 f4 Art lens, as well as on comparable nikon, and Canon lenses too, looking for that elusive, and definitive answer.  I also plan on buying a Sigma 120-300 f2.8 and a 2x convertor for it.

We have a fly-out bear viewing trip, and several wildlife cruises that we are going on.  The whole 2 week trip will revolve around fishing, exploring, eating well, and wildlife & wild-places photography.  The reviews that I have read on the Sigma 24-105 have been very good.  One of the few drawbacks that I see (especially for Alaska) would be lack of weather sealing at the lens mount.

Our bear trip involves a hike of 3 to 5 miles.  On all my lenses, weight is not a huge issue....  as I am used to carrying my Bigma  around.  Just looking for some "real-world" experience from someone with these lenses, and thoughts, or suggestions for which one to buy, or take along with me.

Any and all input appreciated.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D610 Nikon D7100 Sigma 50-500mm F4.5-6.3 DG OS HSM
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow