Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
turbsy
Contributing MemberPosts: 671Gear list
Like?
Re: Fuji XE2 56 1.2 example tonal gradation
In reply to deednets, 4 months ago

deednets wrote:

ravduc wrote:

I know that this is a very good camera and the lenses are excellent as well. But, you are saying that this camera can do the same as a full frame sensored camera. I think that every sensor size has it's advantages and disadvantages (I still use a Leica digilux 2 with a 2/3 sensor). Why even bother saying that it replaces full frame when it doesn't. I have a Fuji X100 and many in this forum also have Fuji X cameras. The X cameras will beat full frame in weight and size but I can assure you that my Nikon DF will beat the hell out of any aps-c camera in certain situations such as low light, tonal gradations, transitions between focused and out of focused areas, etc. Enjoy your camera.

Sure but the ice is getting thinner for FF IMO. I have used many different cameras over the last few years e.g. 5DMKII and D800 as the last couple of FF and I must say, that I don't miss them, even at low light or for extra detail. Here is a shot taken with the 56/1.2 @ 2.8 so cheating big time, I know but the detail? Lacking compared to FF, right?

Black and white, not extreme photography by any means, but detail probably not lacking ...

Will also now go back to my corner with my plastic camera, like one of those brilliant Nikon shooters suggested. Great attitude, I kind of miss that!

Deed

I don't see the pointMot this post.  You will always get better performance from a bigger sensor Of the same generation.  The D800 would give more detail and be able to print much larger at higher ISO.

turbsy's gear list:turbsy's gear list
Olympus XZ-1 Nikon D50 Nikon D300 Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF +11 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Uh?New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow