junyo
Regular MemberPosts: 308
Like?
Re: Catch-All Focus on the XT-1?
In reply to PG Thomas, 4 months ago

PG Thomas wrote:

I relay like this Camera and I've retired the X-Pro1

BUT

It doesn't have Catch-All in manual focusing mode for Manual Lenses. And I can't understand why.

Its the most useful feature at motor sports events where one picks a spot on the track and lets the camera fire the shutter when the subject comes into focus.

It has Release/Focus priority which links the shutter to the focus point, so why not for manual lenses when the subject comes into focus rather than the other way round?

The Pentax K5 has this from day 1. And is the reason why I won't retire it now when the Water resistant lenses are released.

Also - why is the Vertical Battery Grip not water resistant? What's the sense in that? You are most likely to use it outdoors at sporting events / heavy telephoto lenses. Surely It wouldn't have been difficult to add a few seals to complete the job.

Semi-Pro camera? Nearly but not quite.

Just my take on the XT-1

Pete

FYI, it's "catch in-focus" not catch-all.:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autofocus#Trap_focus

Nope, Fuji doesn't have it. If you look at the companies that have implemented it, they have some legacy non-AF glass to support, and it's a neat feature for that niche. I'd assume Fuji didn't add it to their bodies because they have no MF lenses and want to sell AF lenses.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow