J Frank Parnell
Regular MemberPosts: 159Gear list
Like?
Re: Catch-All Focus on the XT-1?
In reply to PG Thomas, 4 months ago

PG Thomas wrote:

J Frank Parnell wrote:

From the Fujifilm web site:

Combined with the rechargeable battery in the body, the battery in the dust-and water-resistant vertical grip provides enough change for approximately 700 frames.

(the typo is Fuji's)

Hi Frank.

I quote from the VG-XT1 handbook:-

"This product is not waterproof. Keep the interior free of water, sand, dust, mud, salt, harmful gases, and other foreign matter. Do not place on wet surfaces." (My underlining).

In my mind it isn't up to the standard of the XT-1, but lets wait and see how the camera performs when the ''Weather resistant lenses" appear.

The Pentax K5 with it's lens will survive and operate in hours of torrential rain. (As proven this week in the UK) without a blip. That's what I expect from my semi-pro kit.

I hope DP review have the guts to test this when the lenses appear.

Pete

PS. Fuji UK are offering £250 off the price of the XF 18-135 when it is released (if you buy the XT-1). No doubt I will take them up on it as I really would like to go down to one camera system. But for now the K5 is staying.

Just noticed this from the X-T1 manual:

"Do not place the camera on a wet surface." Fuji doesn't seem to be claiming the camera is waterproof either.

J Frank Parnell's gear list:J Frank Parnell's gear list
Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow