a6000: which lens to buy (kit or 16-70)

Started 5 months ago | Questions thread
LBJ2
Contributing MemberPosts: 559Gear list
Like?
Re: a6000: which lens to buy (kit or 16-70)
In reply to Joachim Wulfers, 5 months ago

Joachim Wulfers wrote:

Today I shot a few samples with the A6000 and 16-50 kit lens. I bought it because of its size and also because I had seen some pretty good images.

To me it is worthwhile for the convenience of sticking it in a pocket and do some casual shooting.

-- hide signature --

Joachim

I agree. The diminutive and very affordable 16-50 power zoom with OSS is a very handy lens/small camera combo. I carry this combo with me almost everywhere because it is pretty close to a "pocketable" zoom. The infamous distortions are cleaned up nicely with JPEG in-camera corrections--so with this lens on my NEX 6, I normally shoot jpeg else I have to spend a little bit more time PP'ing the distortions out of the raw image. I intend to use this lens with the A6000 as well.

Here's a post I submitted a few months back illustrating the 16-50 PZ/NEX 6 distortion--which in this case, I rather like the photo w/ distortions (I also used Nik HDR filter app for this particular image). Top Photo = raw with distortions and bottom photo = jpeg corrections applied.

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/53129588

LBJ2's gear list:LBJ2's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony Alpha 7R Sony a6000 Sony a77 II Sony DT 55-300mm F4.5-5.6 SAM +28 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow