qianp2k
Senior MemberPosts: 9,979Gear list
Re: Will be nice but hot
In reply to Mako2011, 4 months ago

Mako2011 wrote:

qianp2k wrote:

A true 4K monitor is like this one

http://cpn.canon-europe.com/content/product/professional_displays/dp_v3010.do

Will make for a nice dispaly but if you are actully planning to edit/compute at 4096x2560 pixels (10.5 mp) you might find it only works well in the winter due to the heat being given off my the video card needed to run it. To do much more than display (or watch a prerecorded movie) will require a dang large investment in computing power beyond what consumer friendly/available today or in near future...unless you restrict to very low refresh rates (sub 15fps perhaps)

Don't underestimate the progress of technology.  At this moment the bottleneck is display not display card.  The latter can be made smaller and smaller once the demands there.  Now not many 4K/8K monitors there but manufacturers will pour resources into and certainly can make display cards smaller enough to consume very little electricity to reduce heat.

I don't believe there is much pressure on still images compared to videos on display cards so as long as display cards there to support such resolution it will not generate lots of heat unless you are running 4K/8K videos.

-- hide signature --

My opinions are my own and not those of DPR or its administration. They carry no 'special' value (except to me and Lacie of course)

qianp2k's gear list:qianp2k's gear list
Sony RX100 Canon EOS-1D Mark III Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark III Sony Alpha 7R +20 more
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
NiceNew
TrueNew
trueNew
easyNew
SeeNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow