qianp2k
Forum ProPosts: 10,350Gear list
Re: Also a good point
In reply to Mako2011, 6 months ago

Mako2011 wrote:

qianp2k wrote:

Mako2011 wrote:

qianp2k wrote:

But not everyone wants to print, no mention billboard size. How large of your real estate can hold those big prints?

I see your point. Also really makes the virtues of cell phone only photography more obvious. A lot to be said for..."good enough for what I do" practicality. Keeps cost down too...added bonus. Likely the reason higher quality photography (top end of the spectrum) is on the decline and market share is getting to be such a tough nut to crack.

Printing is really an old-fashion and dying technology that will be replaced by high-end display in a decade.

Also a good point for your type of IQ requirements. Keeps the bar down and saves in both processing time and money...unless you start chasing display resolution. A lot to be said for limiting output medium. A lot of pluses to that type of workflow/expectations. Certainly makes advances in sensor tech less and less relevant for some. Who needs more anyways.

Just do a survey in this forum, how many actually are working in billboard business?  I don't deny there are some of them there but not many, not me, not you that I am sure about.  But in other side, you can enjoy high resolution photos on today's monitor but inconvenience to shift photos around.

-- hide signature --

My opinions are my own and not those of DPR or its administration. They carry no 'special' value (except to me and Lacie of course)

qianp2k's gear list:qianp2k's gear list
Sony RX100 Canon EOS-1D Mark III Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark III Sony Alpha 7R +20 more
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
NiceNew
TrueNew
trueNew
easyNew
SeeNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow