Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
qianp2k
Forum ProPosts: 10,012Gear list
Re: another good point
In reply to Mako2011, 4 months ago

Mako2011 wrote:

qianp2k wrote:

But not everyone wants to print, no mention billboard size. How large of your real estate can hold those big prints?

I see your point. Also really makes the virtues of cell phone only photography more obvious. A lot to be said for..."good enough for what I do" practicality. Keeps cost down too...added bonus. Likely the reason higher quality photography (top end of the spectrum) is on the decline and market share is getting to be such a tough nut to crack.

Printing is really an old-fashion and dying technology that will be replaced by high-end display in a decade.  Eventually you will only see super-thin, super vivid and very high resolution displays hang on wall in residential houses or in commercial displays and can change contents easily.  Display resolution will outresolve print inks eventually with such 8K resolution eventually that already hits human eyes' limit can resolve.

Really only few today need to print to billboard size.  21/22/24mp is sufficient to most people who mostly only view photos on monitors that already can resolve high resolution but may not able to fit into entire screen.  Overcropping never convinces me as I have yet to see D800 owners no longer need super-tele lenses but only need up to 300mm and crop out still having decent IQ that can match 500-800mm native super-tele lens on 21/22mp Canon cameras.

qianp2k's gear list:qianp2k's gear list
Sony RX100 Canon EOS-1D Mark III Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark III Sony Alpha 7R +20 more
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
NiceNew
TrueNew
trueNew
easyNew
SeeNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow