Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
britcam
Senior MemberPosts: 2,168Gear list
Like?
What I wish Pentax would do is FIX their SDM issues
6 months ago

Last month the SDM failed on my DA*55 ....  no warranty remaining, so its at my expense.

Then today, just as I was planning a trip to the South of France to spend a week in the Camargue, bang goes my 60-250.  No AF, nothing, apart from some very uncomfortably sounding noises coming from the lens itself.  I haven't used the lens for a couple of months, but why should that affect things?

When my 50-135 is mounted, all performs perfectly, and yet that is the lens with a reputation for SDM failure, along with the 16-50.

I bought this lens brand new in April 2013, paying 1220€, thinking that Pentax would by that time would have fixed the SDM. This is after all, one of the absolute stars of the Pentax line-up. Fortunately in France I have a 2 year warranty so all is not lost, but it is highly frustrating.

Surely it is an absolute priority for Pentax to fix this SDM issue before they set out on any fresh thinking on product development with FF or MILC or whatever...

-- hide signature --

Regards
Rich S (britcam)

britcam's gear list:britcam's gear list
Fujifilm X-E2 Ricoh GR Digital IV Fujifilm X-E1 Pentax K-5 IIs Fujifilm X-A1 +8 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow