Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
Ron AKA
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,875Gear list
Like?
Re: I'm NOT knocked out with RX100M2
In reply to knox, 5 months ago

knox wrote:

Ron AKA wrote:

Have you shot RAW in P mode and post processed your images with a RAW developer?

Ron, I have not. I shot RAW and jpg at first so I could take advantage of RAW but realized I had nothing in my older versions of Photoshop / Aperture to open the files and have not looked for needed software, as have been really busy. I was simply seeing by getting input here if I should delve deeper and do these things, read up more on the Sony and spend more time with it before I realized it was a bad choice for me (I do like the size). I certainly don't expect the images to hold a candle to my other cameras, but was expecting a bit more in image quality from what all I was reading here and on the net.

I'm on a Mac. I suspect the older versions of Photoshop / Aperture will not be compatible with a new plug in for the newer Sony, though I may be wrong. Still, high quality jpg (of course with proper settings) should be enough to see if it's for me or not. Or so I would think.

You need version 8.x of Adobe Camera RAW or Lr 5.x to open the RAW files. However you can download the free Adobe DNG converter which will convert your RAW files to DNG (RAW) files which older versions of Photoshop and Lr can open.

Ron AKA's gear list:Ron AKA's gear list
Sony RX100 Epson Stylus Photo R3000 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
hypeNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow