Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Ontario Gone
Senior MemberPosts: 3,870Gear list
Like?
How sharp can we go?
7 months ago

Still enamored with the sharpness i can wring out of this system, im wondering if anybody cares to share their sharpest shots and what settings/gear/techniques they use. I have owned cameras without AA filters, and others that had higher resolution and larger sensors than that of my demure little GX7, yet never could i get this level of detail.

Feel free to share whatever you like but plz keep the over sharpening down (i don't want to confuse anybody new to photography). Below are all from my GX7, so far my best results are from my PL 25 @ F2.8-F4 or my Sigma 60 @ F2.8-F4. The Panasonic 20 F1.7 is an "also ran" but it lags a bit on edge sharpness IMO. Always on silent mode unless im using flash, always hand held. Nothing special in subject matter, just examples of IQ. ENJOY !

All shots are raws converted with default sharpness settings in PS CC

-- hide signature --

"Run to the light, Carol Anne. Run as fast as you can!"

Ontario Gone's gear list:Ontario Gone's gear list
Nikon D7000 Canon EOS 70D Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow