ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Muga
Forum MemberPosts: 91
Like?
Problem with FDn lens on NEX5
7 months ago

Hi All,

First post here, been lurking around and gathering a lot of information, but finally ran into a problem I cant solve.  I've searched and looked into old posts about FDn lenses and adaptors, such as aperture not moving, etc. But mine is somewhat different.

So I bought a 50mm f1.4 FDn lens and a Fotodiox adaptor from amazon. I put them together, everything seems to work fine and I've taken several nice images at different apertures, rotating the ring on the lens itself.  However, at f1.4, wide open, I still see some aperture blades and it is not really "fully open".  If I turn the Open/Lock ring on the adaptor to "Open", then it DOES go wide open and I dont see any aperture blades.  However when I put it back to lock and reduce it down to f1.4, its not fully open...

Also, when I turn to very small apertures, I THINK the last 2-3 stops dont move the aperture at all, but it is very small so I cant be sure.  This leads me to think it might be somewhat off-set somehow...

Any ideas?

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Sony Alpha NEX-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow