I'm NOT knocked out with RX100M2

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
knox
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,558
Like?
Re: I'm NOT knocked out with RX100M2
In reply to T. L. Rutter, 5 months ago

T. L. Rutter wrote:

I own the RX100 and I typically get the same results from this camera that I do with the older NEX series. To me, the magic in any camera is being able to go manual and shoot in RAW or accepting JPG as it is with some post-processing.

To get the most out of your camera, you will need to go to one of the manual modes and change the style of pictures you want. Even on the a6000 I changed the styles and my pictures POP right out of the camera shooting in jpg. P mode at the very least will do wonders.

I know you now all of this already so I am not telling you anything new... just encouraging to give your RX another try. For the price you paid, it is a sweet deal and because you are more discriminate about what comes out of the camera, try the styles or shooting in RAW. I notice with all my Sony cameras, I do need to do SOME post-processing to have the pictures POP. Good luck with your camera and hope you give it another try or find something that will fit your needs.

Thank you for the input. Yea, I always dig deep in the settings of my cameras for creative and artistic choices but have not had enough time to get really deep with this little guy. That was my point in reaching out here  . . . . that IF I spend more time will I get what I'm looking for (within reason) or was I simply expecting too much.

-- hide signature --

Knox

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
hypeNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow