POLL: How often do you shoot raw images?

Started 7 months ago | Polls thread
doto41
Forum ProPosts: 11,404
Like?
Nearly never
In reply to Tom Axford, 7 months ago

when shooting in difficult condition I try to remember to shoot RAW+jpeg, but many times I forget. Did I miss a few shots because of this? probably. Most of my shots have been praised and dissected critically in many places, and while there has been a lot of criticism, the IQ, sharpness and detail have never received a comment that they would have been better had I shot in RAW. Lately I've started shooting with a m4/3 system, and thought this is the time to overcome my RAW phobia and learn processing RAW files to fully exploit the wonderful potential of my gear. What happened in reality is that I'm so happy with the jpegs out of the camera that I've postponed going to the shrink to deal with that phobia, so I'm still a 99% jpeg shooter, and because of that have not become efficient dealing with the few RAW files I do try.

Just don't tell anybody I don't use RAW, many people here think I'm a serious amateur, I would hate to ruin their concept of me

-- hide signature --

Dov
LX5, FZ8, FZ50, Olympus EM5, panny 20mm 1.7, panny 14mm 2.5, oly 45mm 1.8, oly 40-150, minolta 0, raynox 250, oly c-180, oly b-300 (and hoping for more :))
My Flickr

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow