I'm NOT knocked out with RX100M2

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
Tonkotsu Ramen
Senior MemberPosts: 1,229Gear list
Like?
Re: I'm NOT knocked out with RX100M2
In reply to knox, 6 months ago

knox wrote:

I bought a RX100M2 last week and so far I am completely underwhelmed. As a photographer I shoot analog Hasselblads, Nikon F100, Nikon D3 etc etc . . and have been carrying around a Rollei 35SE or the F100 in a messenger bag. I decided to get something smaller to carrying around in a coat pocket on my motorcycle rather than the Rollei or F100 in the bag . . . After some research I bought the Sony. I'm actually thinking about getting rid of it after using it for a few days. Yea I don't expect it to take shots as good as my main cameras but I just find the images rather bland and with the cliche sterile, 'pocket camera' digital 'look'. I bought it for a good deal at $548 otherwise I would have waited for the M3 to see what the upgrades are. I hate looking at an LCD to take photos and the add-on electronic viewfinder is too expensive to add to a camera when the images are just mediocre. I could deal with the regular viewfinder 'somewhat' if the images knocked me out. Maybe I expected too much. I admit I have not 'woodshedded' with it and got deep inside all the settings yet as I have been really busy . . . Is that where I will find the so called 'magic' everyone is talking about or did I just expect too much?

-- hide signature --

Knox

You're.. gonna have a bad time.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
hypeNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow