Started 2 months ago | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Sandeman684
Regular MemberPosts: 413Gear list
Like?
Review of WP-DC53 housing with G1X Mk II
2 months ago

Here is my second review of the combination of the WP-DC53. I already put my general observations about the housing in this thread.

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/3658937

Today I used it for a dive for the first time. All images are edited in LR 5.4 with changes in WB, tone, sharpening, noise reduction and sometimes cropping. Images were taken with a Inon D2000 external strobe, mostly in TTL mode.

All in all, I was quite happy with camera underwater. Focusing was generally fast and correct, I only had one image with the dirt in focus and the subject out of focus.

Half press works very well, at least up to the depth that I went today (10 m). Also changing mode wheel and lens ring worked OK. The small buttons are difficult to press with thick gloves, which was especially annoying when changing ISO.

I had no problems with buoyancy although that is probably due to the heavy strobe and tray.

I love the wider lens; it definitely makes a difference compared to my G10. This helps a lot with the average visibility we usually have in Dutch waters.

Sandeman684's gear list:Sandeman684's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX10 IS Canon PowerShot G10 G1 X II
Sandeman684's score
Average community score
G1 X II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow