Considering an A99, everyone happy with theirs?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
dsquirrel
Forum MemberPosts: 97Gear list
Like?
Considering an A99, everyone happy with theirs?
3 months ago

Hello hello,

I'm hoping to move to a full frame sometime in the next few months. The A99 is the obvious choice for me as I am currently using Sony products, but the others to consider would be the A7r, or the d800.

I'm sure that some of you have been in this boat as well, so I'm curious as to how happy current A99 users are with their choice. It's definitely a sizable investment, so I'd like to make the right choice.

I use mostly wide-angle focal lengths - 15mm-50mm and spend most of the time shooting landscapes. Some wildlife, and a few weddings, but mostly landscapes. I don't like the lack of e-mount lenses, or the battery life, or the adapters needed for the a7r, but I do really like the sensor.

Otherwise, I'm leaning towards the A99 and wondering if you A99 users are suffering from buyers remorse, or super happy that you bought one.

-- hide signature --

If you vote, you have no right to complain. People like to twist that around. They say ‘well if you don’t vote, you have no right to complain,’ but where is the logic in that? If you vote and you elect dishonest, incompetent people and they get into office and screw everything up, well, you are responsible for everything they’ve done. You’ve caused the problem, you voted them in, you have no right to complain. I, on the other hand, who did not vote, who, in fact, did not even leave the house on election day, am in no way responsible for what these people have done and have every right to complain as loud as I want about the mess you created that I had nothing to do with. -George Carlin
https://www.flickr.com/photos/vanquishmedia/

dsquirrel's gear list:dsquirrel's gear list
Sony SLT-A65 Sony 50mm F1.4 Sony DT 35mm F1.8 SAM Sigma 10-20mm F3.5 EX DC HSM Sigma 70-300mm F4-5.6 DG Macro
Nikon D800 Sony Alpha 7R Sony SLT-A99
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
??New
MarkNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow