OK, this is a camera tec forum!

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
digititus
Senior MemberPosts: 1,328Gear list
Like?
With exception!
In reply to Nordstjernen, 7 months ago

Nordstjernen wrote:

Then I wonder why so many just have to blame or bash the camera instead of discussing what can be done with the gear. Camera tec is about how we handle the camera to get the best results, or ... ?

1. All cameras are mass marked products, engineered to suit a wide range of users
  2. We have to accept that the camera is just like it is - do your homework before buying
  3. You need to learn the camera to know very well to find out what is hot and what is not
  4. If there are issues, why not look for workarounds - then you are fit for fight anytime
  5. If you don't like a camera, why tell/warn others? Why not just buy a camera you like?

Well, it will come as no surprise that I take exception to some of your comments. Whether you agree or not, many people come to these forums for the sole purpose of making an informed decision about their intended purchase. In fact, your own words say "do your homework before buying".

How does one do their home work if the only information they can find is the marketing hype in press releases and posts from people who think Sony can do no wrong. And these are the same people who seem to sit at their computers 24 hours/day to counter every criticism.

Furthermore, I think manufacturers pay as much attention to criticisms of their product as they do praise, especially if the criticism is widespread.

Workarounds....well, I can accept that idea to the extent there are model differences and manufacturer differences. Features are left in or out by intent or design. So, you make a choice and "workaround" what is missing. However, when the workaround is for a flaw that is so basic, it becomes inexcusable, that is a different story. The Sony flash system is a perfect example. The worst in the industry, and with the announcement of the A77II there is not a word to suggest they have made any attempt to improve it.

Any finally, your statement #5 borders on being outrageous. Forums are for the purpose of sharing information, not for hiding it!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow