can i justify buying an RX100 mk2 to accompany my RX10 ?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
Jogger
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,405Gear list
Like?
wait for RX100m3
In reply to martinj68, 4 months ago

At this point, you might as well wait for the RX100m3, which will have full-sensor read-out and encode with the much better XAVCs codec and have the 24-70/1.8-2.8 lens. If that doesnt work for your, then the m3 will drive down the price of the m2.

I have the RX10 and RX100 and use them both for different situations, the RX10 mainly for video since the better lens and built-in ND filters make a big difference for me. The RX100 is my carry everywhere camera and I often take it and another camera since its so small (e.g. RX10 or Nikon Df).

I dont think i will upgrade to the RX100m3 since it wont offer much improvement as a carry-everywhere camera.. and the RX10 form-factor is so much better for video use.

martinj68 wrote:

thanks guys, that's really helpful advice, i'm very tempted towards the rx100 to compliment my rx10 now.

If i sold my rx10 in favor of just a rx100m2 then i'm sure i'll miss the extra zoom and ease of easy control access, such as the exposure compensation dial, this i use a lot, and i'm not too keen on searcing for it in the menus as i think the rx100 has, my hx9 has iso, sutter speed, etc all in the menu, but it's a pain to find and alter when out and about taking pictures quickly.

Video is stunning on my rx10, im guessing a lot is to do with reading the whole sensor instead of line skipping.

They say video is also excellent on the rx100, so can someone please tell me if the rx100m2 also reads out the whole sensor?

Jogger's gear list:Jogger's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Nikon D700 Nikon Df Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow