d3300 and af fine tuning. How to? Bonus skin tones?

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Toccata47
Senior MemberPosts: 2,240
Like?
d3300 and af fine tuning. How to? Bonus skin tones?
7 months ago

I'm considering the 3300 alongside a few other cameras for someone new to dslrs. I had a play with it in the shop and was a bit underwhelmed with the ui and and quality of construction, particularly the scroll wheel and the 4 way rocker, or "back button". I get it though.

Anyway, I had kinda ruled it out mostly because it seemed so difficult to find things I use on a camera. However, the user may isn't hampered by my curmudgeonly ways and may note even care what iso does, for instance.

That said, it occurs to me that the sensor is way overshooting what the kit lens is capable of, and to see what this thing can do you'll need to get some decent lenses….

...and now the issue. How do you fine tune the af with this thing?

If this camera is assembled on the inside to a similar level as it is on the outside, the af is going to need to be adjusted at some point, probably out of the box, no?

On another note...

Have users had issue with this camera (or current gen nikons equipped with the same processor) rendering skin tones with an orange cast?

I know she's going to use this camera for people. The majority of portraits I've seen with the d3300 seem to have people looking like they've just stepped out off a spray tan.

Are user experiencing the same? Without using the camera (didn't have a memory card on me) I have no idea if this is a camera or user issue.

Nikon D3300
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow