POLL: How often do you shoot raw images?

Started 7 months ago | Polls thread
Greynerd
Senior MemberPosts: 3,854Gear list
Like?
Re: POLL: How often do you shoot raw images?
In reply to cainn24, 7 months ago

The impression I am getting in this thread is more a case of hard core JPEG proponents and it was Erik's post saying RAW was pointless that swung this thread in to conflict. I rarely use RAW but just do not rule it out completely. Also you are obviously not at peace over people looking down at your kit as you are concious enough about it to add it in to the discussion. When people say a subject does not bother them you know for a fact it is grinding away inside.

cainn24 wrote:

Greynerd wrote:

Yet as usual we have all this tribal you must use only one or the other stuff or one is complete rubbish and the other perfect (or their use of the camera is so perfect they do not need it) when most sensible people sit in the middle and use what suits best at the time.

None of the tribal nonsense you speak of comes from our Panasonic forum I don't think. What seems to happen instead is that people encounter truly hardcore RAW proponents and purists elsewhere (check out the version of this poll posted in the m43 forum where everyone is complaining that Tom didn't include an "I shoot RAW exclusively" option as if the "RAW (or RAW+JPEG)" option was somehow unpalatable) and then project that attitude onto anyone and everyone who dares to extol its virtues. The funny things is though that as a RAW+JPEG (and occasional JPEG only) shooter myself, I don't feel judged by the real RAW purists amongst us. I'm perfectly at peace with the fact that some people like to push the envelope even further and more often than I do, just as I am perfectly at peace with the fact that there are many full-frame enthusiasts out there who consider my compacts, and even my m43 gear, wholly inadequate for their own particular purposes. Ultimately, every single one of us resides at some point along a spectrum of expectation where other people are both above and below us (in that respect), so I think it's hard to avoid becoming somewhat hypocritical if you take issue with it.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow