Fast AF (a6000 like) for A7/R or sucsessor? When to expect?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Ynos
Regular MemberPosts: 182
Like?
Fast AF (a6000 like) for A7/R or sucsessor? When to expect?
2 months ago

I was just wondering if Sony will bring finally ultimate camera that will combine FF capabilities with A6000 fast AF? That potentially could be a dream camera that would have it all. Especially now when Sony mastered fast AF in mirrorless (A6000) and Sony can fix all bugs and quirks of A7/R with making its successor(s). I just want to note (before someone tells me its too early for a new camera) that I'm not talking about revolutionary new camera here, no. Just same A7/R with an updated AF and old bugs fixed and refined. Sony comes up with new cameras every year. Given that A7/R was introduced 6 months ago (if not more) I would say its about time for Sony to have a A7(N)/R(N) or something in works. Maybe we will even see it at the end of the year. (Note: Sony came up with A7s already (in about a 6 months) and IMHO it requires at least same efforts (if not more) to drastically change sensor tech, rather than add A6000 like algorithms to AF).

For those who are on a fence: want to buy A7/R but at the same time like A6000 AF - this could be a best buy. I also think that professionals would also enjoy having FF camera with fast AF and not having to compromise AF speed coming from Canikon FF bodies. As for lenses and flashes I know its too early and system is just starting, but hopefully there will be already high IQ lenses covering from wide angle (16-35 FE) to mid/tele (70-200 FE) and possibly at least one more good flash.

P.S. I'm not wishing for high Mp as I think it's already enough. I don't wish for smaller size as I think it's already small (even too small). I am not asking for good menu, as I think it's already good enough (not perfect still tho). So basically Sony already covered most of points. Now just give us A6000 like AF and I'll be done for long time (i can see myself shooting with such a cam for 5-8 years easily, even when new cameras will come out, because simply all my needs will be addressed - that's all).

Sony a6000 Sony Alpha 7 Sony Alpha 7S
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow