Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
The1willy
Forum MemberPosts: 53Gear list
Like?
5D stuck pixel 'fright' and easy solution
2 months ago

I just thought I'd share this in case anyone didn't know about it.

I do a lot of LE photography, and I noticed this weekend that, after taking some LEs, a white 'stuck' pixel was showing up in all my shots (regardless of exposure time).

Normally, on the 5D I'd been using LE noise reduction (which I never used on my t4i), and this weekend I got bored waiting between shots so I turned it off... I don't know if that might have caused the stuck pixel or not, but that's not the point of my post.

I quickly searched on the net, and saw a post on another page where a guy mentioned if you use the manual sensor clean funtion (to lock up the mirror), leave it open for about half a minute, and then turn off the camera etc as normal, it can fix these errors. (As I'm sure you know, but as a disclaimer, whenever you use this function make sure you have plenty of battery)

It sounded all too easy, and I was sure, knowing my luck, it wouldn't be the case, but hey presto, I took some shots and the stuck pixel has gone completely!!! So this fix works even on an old beast like the 5D.

Useful to know!

The1willy's gear list:The1willy's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 650D Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM +3 more
Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 650D (EOS Rebel T4i / EOS Kiss X6i)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow