Serious thinking of the Pentax 645 or shall wait? Locked

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
biza43
Senior MemberPosts: 2,090Gear list
Re: Serious thinking of the Pentax 645 or shall wait?
In reply to nvlass, 5 months ago

nvlass wrote:

Sorry that for some of you is pointless subject, I read all the comments and I am really happy when I see people that they write their opinion regarding the subject.

For me the MF is something new and I don't now much about it but I really like to discover

Can you rent for a few days and try it?

I read somewhere that with the medium format you slow down things so maybe is a way to have the body and three lenses and thats it. Then try to master the Medium Format

Well, you should do this with any camera or format, IMO. You already have a top quality 35mm system with top quality lenses. If you perceive that the DR of the Canon is impairing your photography, you should try to explore other techniques, like post-processing multi shots, or using GND filters to tame down the light.

I use a Canon 6D with Zeiss 21 mm lens and GND filters, and I have yet to find a landscape or seascape that I can not manage (and I shoot at golden hour times). I am sure similar results can be obtained in post, by I am an old school sort of fellow that likes to get it right in the field.

The new Pentax is a great camera, but think seriously about the investment required in lenses to get the same functionality that you now have. Also, a larger sensor requires a more solid tripod and tripod head, new filters, etc, etc.

Just my opinion

-- hide signature --

www.paulobizarro.com

biza43's gear list:biza43's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12mm 1:2 Voigtlander Nokton 42.5mm F0.95 Panasonic Lumix G Vario HD 12-32mm F3.5-5.6 Mega OIS +1 more
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
NiceNew
TrueNew
trueNew
easyNew
SeeNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow