Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
smileman
Junior MemberPosts: 30
Like?
a3000 vs. RX100M1?
3 months ago

New baby coming in early June and the only camera I have right now is the RX100M1.

Overall, I am very happy with the photos that the RX100M1 takes, and I love the portability. I mostly shoot in RAW and do some Lightroom editing. I definitely want to keep the M1 as my take anywhere camera.

But for around the house, or for dedicated outings where I know I'll be taking a lot of photos, I miss shooting with a larger body. Prior to the RX100 I shot a Panasonic G1 but I sold it and my two kit lenses to help finance the the RX100 purchase, leaving me with just the RX100.

Part of the a3000's appeal is the larger sensor, EVF, and the ability to put some higher quality glass on it. And the absolute budget price. But I am having some hesitations about the a3000 given its very poor quality EVF and screen, and reports of rather slow auto focus times.

Bottom line: will I realistically be able to take better photos with the a3000 and kit lens than I can with the RX100M1? Budget is a major issue so I don't expect I'll be able to invest in premium glass right out of the gate.

A3000 Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
oopsNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow