Serious thinking of the Pentax 645 or shall wait? Locked

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
aftab
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,050Gear list
Re: Serious thinking of the Pentax 645 or shall wait?
In reply to nvlass, 6 months ago

Hi Nikos

You got some great landscape shots in flickr.

I got the same lenses (except my 50 is 1.2) and camera as you do. I am seriously thinking about Pentax 645 too, but I will never give up my Canons. Think about it, with 5DIII and the lens combination you have mentioned you can do things that no other camera and lens combination can do, at least not with such ease. Of course MF would do certain things better, but those certain things are only a small fraction of photography for an enthusiast.

Couple of things I would like to mention about higher megapixel and DR. As far as higher MP goes, 36MP is only a minimal improvement over 5DIII, so MF is the right choice if you need higher resolution/larger prints, don't settle for less. As I mentioned, I am interested in this Pentax too, but I am happy to wait to see what Canon has to offer. I am in no rush.

And about DR. This is my experience. When I first got my D600 I was trying to lift shadows right and left. After some time I realized that I was doing things just for the sake it, not for photography, I didn't need to lift shadows that often, even when I did Canon was good enough except for rare situations. My experience, yours might vary.

So, my opinion would be, get Pentax without getting rid of Canon. Or like me, wait.

-- hide signature --

Beauty is in the eye of the beerholder.

aftab's gear list:aftab's gear list
Canon PowerShot G1 X II Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000 Canon EOS 5D Mark III Nikon D600 Canon EOS 7D Mark II +2 more
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
NiceNew
TrueNew
trueNew
easyNew
SeeNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow