A6000 AF best practices w moving children?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
wb2trf
Senior MemberPosts: 1,365
Like?
A6000 AF best practices w moving children?
3 months ago

I just got the A6000, which I bought mainly for faster autofocus than the 5R using the SEL5018.Young moving children, usually indoors, are my main subject.  I just read the long version of the manual.  I am wondering what those who may have had the A6000 for a month or more have found to be optimal settings for this situation.

Here is why I am perplexed.  I was thinking I'd use AF-C with Lock-on focus to trigger AF tracking. However EyeAF, which seems like a very nice idea, is not available in AF-C, only in AF-A and AF-S.  This then propels me into considering that AF-A claims to be able to switch automatically to continuous focus, tracking a moving subject, if the subject starts to move.  AF-A seems like best of all worlds.  Therefore, I can reason, why not use AF-A with Eye AF.

This is all theory.  I just got the camera and haven't yet had the moving subjects to test on yet.  I'm wondering what those of you who have had a little more time with A6000 have found works best?

Sony a6000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow