A77ii, so who is planning on getting one?

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
Chris Malcolm
Contributing MemberPosts: 873Gear list
Like?
Re: Probably no, but
In reply to tom, 7 months ago

tom wrote:

the problem is typical of every Sony product I've ever bought (and a few I decided not to buy). With one hand they give and with the other they take away.

Finally, they took the scene modes off the mode dial and returned the 3 custom memories. Finally, they added back the mode lock. Finally they added EVF stabilization.

But, they changed the flash shoe so I'd have to buy 3 new flashes (I know they did this with previous cameras, but I don't have those. And I know I can use adapters, but I prefer not to have the excitement of 'oops the flash fell off again'.)

Think about it. Since the old shoe has a lock an old flash on an adapter won't fall off any more than a new flash. And why would you need three new anyway? You an only fit one on the camera!

They dropped the AF assist light, and I'd have to use an adapter with my Minolta 1800 baby flash that I use only for it's AF assist light on my other camera that doesn't have one - the KM7D (assuming it even works on the new camera/shoe).

Did you read the spec? They dropped the AF assist light, not AF assist! What's more low light AF is improved, so it'll use the assist less.

They've moved the AF x sensors away from the edges of the AF pattern (even though they were too far in on previous cameras.)

It's a completely new system. How do you know the new AF isn't even better at the edges than the old?

So some advantages, but in net - not enough to make me drool.

Ah, my apologies. I thought you were wondering whether it was worth upgrading

tom

-- hide signature --

Chris Malcolm

Chris Malcolm's gear list:Chris Malcolm's gear list
Sony Alpha DSLR-A550 Sony SLT-A77 Sony 50mm F1.4 Sony DT 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 Sony 500mm F8 Reflex +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
I amNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow