Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
GeneZh
Junior MemberPosts: 31
Like?
Bad D800 Quality Control
2 months ago

I got my D800 from the very 1st release batch, and it's been sent in to Nikon Service 3 times, and now a 4th time. The 1st time was on a trip abroad. The camera was completely locked up.  Nikon replaced an electronic part when I sent the camera in after I came back.

The 2nd time was on focus. I'm an amateur.  This D800 is my first SLR ever.  I thought it was my technique.  But the camera consistently front focused on all my lenses (the 28, 50 & 85 1.8 series, 70-200 2.8, 24-120 f4, 14-24).  The other lenses were not bad because of the DOF, but the 85 & 50 drove me crazy. I sent in the camera, it was returned without any change.  I sent in the 85 & 50, they were returned without change. I finally sent in the D800 together with the 85 & 50 a 3rd time and paid over $200.  Now I still need to set my AF fine tune to close to +20 (I'm reluctant to set it to +20), but I got consistent focus.

Now I'm sending the D800 a 4th time in.  I'm an amateur, just taking family pictures, basically my son, and I just got over 20 thousand clicks.  The rubber cover (not the rubber grip) came off.  It's a small issue, but annoying.

Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow