Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Retzius
Regular MemberPosts: 422Gear list
Like?
D200 does indoor "sports" at ISO 1600
4 months ago

I brought the D200 and 70-300 VR to my son's indoor swim lesson today. The lighting was dim, I had a slow zoom, and I had no choice but to bump the ISO to 1600 to get the shot.

The image is jpg converted from NEF and cropped to 8x10. Once I get the chance to PP the image and clean up the noise I think it should be much better.

Anyways, just wanted to show the absolute usable upper limit of the D200. Its definitely noisy and the limited dynamic range has blocked up all the shadows (look at his teacher's hair), but it really shows how far the Nikon sensors have come.

I still think the image "works" though.

I think I might FINALLY be ready for an upgrade as I feel I am just now pushing the limits of this camera. My plan is to sell the 70-300, pick up a Sigma 70-200 2.8, and then buy the D9300 (or D400) if it surfaces this fall.

Enjoy.

Retzius's gear list:Retzius's gear list
Nikon D200 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-70mm f/3.5-4.5G ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED VR +1 more
Nikon D200 Nikon D40
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow