Steve Huff v3 first impression/review

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
dougjgreen1
Senior MemberPosts: 2,200Gear list
Like?
Actually, the price WITH lens is $948 - who's the eel?
In reply to Bill Dewey, 7 months ago

Bill Dewey wrote:

dougjgreen1 wrote:

The GX7 is widely available for around $700. It basically has tracked the E-M10's price, and the E-M1 is now widely available for around $1150, and it is a vastly more capable camera overall than the V3.

well, Adorama and B&H both at $997.99.

I give up, you win, I am done trying to discuss with the slippery eel or chase the greased pig. Like what you like, buy what you buy, I will say one thing, you most certainly are consistent .....

By the way, as to the "vastly more capable", since you seem to ignore what I stated as my personal reasons for looking at the V3, when the em1 can perform AF with my 400 f2.8 as well as the V3, you might have a point, including focus tracking at 20fps. Let's see, widely available at $1150, hmmm, Best Buy - 1299.99, B&H 1299.00, Adorama 1299.00. All good systems, in my personal opinion.

-- hide signature --

Bill Dewey
www.thefocusedeye.com

Panasonic was running specials on the GX7 for prices in the $600s last week. Samys had the GX7 for $609.99 for the body. The deals ended this weekend. Now they are selling the kit, with an excellent kit lens that is worth over $150, for $948, making the equivalent body price just under $800. BTW, that's the current price at B&H and Adorama as well.

The fact is, you can always find anomalous high prices. $998 for the body, when the kits with lenses are selling for less than the body alone is just such an example.   I wonder, who, exactly, is slippery as an eel, or a greased pig, when you quote the $998 body price, knowing full well that the price WITH lens is presently $948 at B&H and Adorama.

dougjgreen1's gear list:dougjgreen1's gear list
Olympus Stylus XZ-10 Olympus PEN E-PL5 Nikon 1 V2 Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital 11-22mm 1:2.8-3.5 +11 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow