Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mfouks
Regular MemberPosts: 339Gear list
Like?
Nikon D800(e) acting up -could not get the camera to take a picture
3 months ago

Hi- I was just wondering if anyone has had the same experience that I had last week.   I had just got to a new location with the camera on a tripod and the camera started to act strangely.  I couldn't seem to focus it and therefore the shutter release button would not work ( I have it on focus priority).  It should have focussed as there was enough contrast in the scene.  I use the AF-on button to focus.  I had not changed any settings (at least not that I know of) from the last shoot which was about 30 minutes earlier.  I turned the camera to manual focus and still it wouldn't work.  I was using mirror lockup at the time and a cable release.   Even when using manual focus, the cable release would not work nor would the shutter release.  I tried turning the camera off and then back on again and as I turned the camera back on it sounded like the camera was taking a picture.

I tried everything- new battery, new card, took the lens off and turned it back on again etc.  When I got back to the hotel, it seemed to work for a few minutes.  The next morning I took the camera out and once again it wasn't working ( I also tried a new lens).  Now the camera seems to be working again.  Just wondering if anyone has any ideas.  I will take it into Nikon but of course it now seems like it is an intermittent problem and perhaps since it is working again it was something that I did unintentionally.

This camera is not yet one year old and has already been in for two repairs.  Once the auto focusing engine was replaced and the second time the camera kept giving me err message - I think that time it was also something in  the shutter release system that had to be repaired.

Thanks for any suggestions you might have.

Marsha

mfouks's gear list:mfouks's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon Df Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED VR +4 more
Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow