>>> Street Photography eXchange #98 <<<

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
geraldPP
Senior MemberPosts: 1,200
Like?
I listened enough
In reply to Daniel74, 7 months ago

Daniel74 wrote:

Just saw this, hey, I sure hope you continue posting. These Thai street images are very good! I wouldn't worry about fad's comments. He is a bit of a resident critic it seems, which is sometimes helpful and sometimes not. The man deserves credit for the effort and the passion but like anyone he will sometimes overstep the boundary and sometimes miss the mark. Take all feedbak with a big grain of salt, I think...

Hey Daniel, my pictures are from Cambodia although it is easy to confuse them as Thailand.

I have had many brushes with the resident critic here as I have been in this forum for over 2 years now. Nobody needs to make excuses for him.

I was merely suggesting to Sal one other alternative take in that situation because I had remembered a previously posted photo of hers that struck me as a 'breakaway' image - the kind that suddenly opens up new ideas and ambitions.

I wasn't asking her to do something she hadn't done before and I certainly didn't think her picture was missing anything or weak. Quite the contrary, actually.

But the resident critic used the opportunity to unload his baggage on me. It feels like one has to be a Eugene Smith or an Arbus to be able to give someone a comment.

How would anyone like their entire body of work to be described as 'Fabulous Fluff', 'Stunningly Shallow' or 'Pretty Pissy'?

-gerald

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
+1New
pinkNew
HiNew
DaliNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow