Started 5 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Koog67
New MemberPosts: 1
Like?
What 2 lenses to buy?
5 months ago

I am currently in the process of upgrading my camera from the Canon T3 to the Canon 60D and I am not sure which lenses I would like to start off with. My current passion for photography is for doing landscapes and night (star/milky way) photography. I have pretty much decided on getting the Tokina AT-X 116 Pro DX-II 11-16mm f/2.8 to cover my landscape and mostly my night shooting lens.

I am having a hard time figuring out what other lens to buy without breaking the bank.  I would like it to be more of an all-around lens, but I do know that this is almost impossible to find.  I have been considering the Canon 15-85mm, but I don't know if I want to be limiting myself to just 85mm, in case I can't get closer.  I'm not looking for an extremely fast lens as I would be mostly using it outside, I would like it to have a starting focal range  somewhat near where the Tokina, have a fairly wide focal range, good quality over that focal range (I don't have photoshop or lightroom yet), and no break the bank.  I know these requirements are a lot to ask for in a lens, but any help would be greatly apprenticed.

Also, I am not 100% committed on the  11-16mm, so if you know of a combo of lenses that would fit better please offer your suggestions.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS 1200D (EOS Rebel T5 / EOS Kiss X70) Canon EOS 60D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow