Is it possible to have the MF Assist using Manual Lens on the NX300?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Arrepio
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Is it possible to have the MF Assist using Manual Lens on the NX300?
2 months ago

I am trying to use some old manual lens I have on the NX300, mounting adaptors in between the camera and the lens.

I have now one Rikenon 55mm f1.4 with M42 mounting standard and a Nikon 50mm f1.8 with Nikon mounting.

I discovered that it is not easy to use other lens than the original ones with NX 300... the camera seams to be not completely developed to use other lens, as some Sony models I know (NEX 7 for example). The only set possible is to put the NX 300 on the manual focus, and using it on A mode, it can handle the speed and automatic white balance as I could see.

The problem is, using the lens I wrote above, with big apertures values, it is very difficult to reach the perfect focus sometimes, because I could not find a way to use the MF Assist function, as we can easily do using the original Samsung lenses.

Is it posible to configure the camera to use MF Assist function with old manual lenses? Anyone could help me on this subject?

Samsung NX300M
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow